Dolby Atmos is one of the many features most sought after by people shopping for a new soundbar or home theater system – but it’s different from Dolby Audio. In this article, TotalDrivers.net will show you how to install Dolby Audio on a PC running Windows 11 or Windows 10.
Install Dolby Audio on Windows 11/10
You can download and install Dolby Audio on your Windows 10/11 device in one of two ways. We will explore this topic following the methods outlined below.
Download and install Dolby Audio from the Microsoft Store
To download and install Dolby Audio on your Windows 10/11 device from the Microsoft Store, do the following:
- Open Microsoft Store. If you are having trouble opening Microsoft Store, this guide can help you: Windows Store on Windows 10 crashed, here’s how to fix it.
- Search dolby audio.
- Alternatively, you can visit this Dolby Audio page link on the Microsoft Store.
- Now, click the Get button to download and install Dolby Audio on your device.
Download and install Dolby Audio as a desktop application
This is a two-step process that includes:
2. Run the setup file for Dolby Digital Plus AA.
See the detailed process.
1. Install Dolby Digital Plus AA driver Driver
To download and install the Dolby Digital Plus AA driver on a Windows 10/11 device, do the following:
- Search and download the Dolby Digital Plus Advance Audio archive package from dolby.com
- Unzip the archive.
- Next, disable driver signature enforcement.
- Now that you have disabled driver signature enforcement, let’sopen Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, scroll down through the list of installed devices and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Right click on Realtek (R) Audio and select Update driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers.
- Click Have Disk.
- Click Browse.
- In the Locate File window, double-click the Dolby Digital Plus Advance Audio folder.
- In this folder, double click on the folder for your system architecture.
- Now, double click on the Drivers folder.
- In the Drivers folder, double-click the file AA Digital Plus.
- Click OK on the Install From Disk prompt.
- Now, select Dolby Digital Plus Advance Audio.
- Click Next.
- Click Yes on the Update Driver Warning prompt.
- Restart the computer to complete the update process.
- Now, continue with step 2 below.
2. Run the setup file for Dolby Digital Plus AA
After your PC has finished booting, to run the setup file for Dolby Digital Plus AA on a Windows 10/11 device, do the following:
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the zip file in step 1 above.
- At the location, double click on the folder Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio.
- In this folder, double click on the folder for your system architecture (x64).
- Now, double click on the folder Setup.
- Double-click the file DolbyDigitalPlusAAx64 to run the setup on a Windows 10/11 computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Dolby Digital Plus on your PC.
Above is the whole way to install Dolby Audio on Windows 11/10!
Hope you are succesful.