However, the problem that arises here is that more and more free software and antivirus programs are "born", so it is important to choose the best antivirus software.
In the article below, Network Administrator will introduce you to the top 11 best antivirus software, and the most effective in 2020 on the computer, which is highly appreciated for its popularity, updates and does not occupy many resources. raw of the computer.
Top best antivirus software on computers:
|Scan virus on demand||∨||v||v||v||v||v||v||v||v||v|
|Scan for viruses by access||v||v||v||v||v||v||v||v||v||v|
|Block malicious URLs||v||v||v||v||v||v||v||v||x||v|
|Virus detection by behavior||v||v||v||v||v||x||v||x||v||v|
|Scan for security holes||v||x||v||v||x||x||x||x||x||x|
1. Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
- Earn outstanding scores in independent lab and web protection tests
- Multilayer ransomware protection
- Features anti-tracking (Do Not Track)
- There is a password manager
- Features Banking protection (protects online financial transactions, such as shopping or paying via bank)
- Provide a virtual private network (VPN)
- Many additional features focus on security.
- Unlimited VPN access requires separate registration
- If all real-time protections are disabled, ransomware-specific features have skipped an uncommon pattern.
Summary: With outstanding antivirus test results and a collection of features that embarrass many other security tools, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is a great choice to protect your PC.
Download Bitdefender Antivirus Plus trial version (for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)
2. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Won a perfect and almost perfect score from 4 independent testing laboratories
- Get a perfect score on the phishing protection test
- Good scores in malware blocking tests and malicious URLs
- There is support by phone or live chat
- Additional scan features overlap significantly
Summary: Kaspersky Anti-Virus passes the test virus scan test with great scores. This is still a recommended choice.
3. Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus
- Get a perfect score on the anti-malware protection test
- Very good phishing resistance
- Has ransomware protection
- Does not consume much system resources.
- Quick scan, small size
- Owning many advanced features
- Limited test results due to abnormal detection techniques
- Missed a specially crafted ransomware sample specifically in the test.
Summary: Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus is compact and fast so you do not spend much system resources. This tool proves itself to be very good protection against malware and can even limit the impact of ransomware.
4. McAfee AntiVirus Plus
- Protection for all Windows, macOS, Android and iOS devices in the home
- Good scores in practical tests
- Get an excellent score in the anti-phishing test
- Including Ransom Guard, PC Boost and many other extras.
- Ransom Guard has missed some ransomware models in practice
- PC Boost web acceleration still works only in Chrome
- The whole scan is very slow on Windows
- Mac version has less features than Windows or Android
- There are still few features for iOS
Summary: A single subscription to McAfee AntiVirus Plus allows you to protect every Windows, Android, macOS and iOS device in the home. Other products may score higher during the test, but none of them does.
5. ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- Get very good scores from independent laboratories
- Good scores in practical tests
- The HIPS component blocks exploit attacks
- The UEFI scanner finds malware in firmware
- The ability to control the device comprehensively
- Protection against phishing is only acceptable
- The ability to control the device is too complicated for most users.
Summary: ESET NOD32 Antivirus scores high in laboratory and field tests. The collection of security components goes beyond basic antivirus issues.
6. Norton AntiVirus Plus
- Excellent scores in the independent test and individual test
- Able to protect data against ransomware
- Includes online backup, firewall, exploit attack protection, password management and other extras.
- Data Protector feature is quite poor when tested
- There is no good price when buying multiple licenses
Summary: Norton AntiVirus Plus scores impressive results in independent laboratory tests and in fact, providing many useful features. However, it is very expensive and there are no incentives for households that own multiple computers.
7. Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security
- Great score in the tests of malicious URL blocking and anti-phishing
- Multilayer ransomware protection
- The Pay Guard feature protects online transactions
- Many additional features
- Get a fairly poor score on the real malware protection test
- Pay Guard does not consistently protect
- Spam filter only works with Outlook
- There is no general license for many devices.
Summary: In addition to effective anti-malware protection, Trend Micro Antivirus + Security provides multi-layer protection against ransomware, enhanced firewalls, online banking protection, and more.
8. Emsisoft Anti-Malware
- Get a good score on the anti-malware protection test
- The ability to detect suspicious behavior successfully blocked ransomware
- Cloud Console allows full remote management
- There are extensions that can detect phishing.
- There are almost no recorded scores from independent laboratories
- Phishing protection is not for all browsers
- Cloud Console may be too complicated for some people
Summary: Emsisoft Anti-Malware effectively handles the basic tasks of malware protection, including ransomware, although it did not score the highest in testing. The new Cloud Console provides comprehensive remote management capabilities for tech-savvy users.
9. F-Secure Anti-Virus
- Achieve good grades in independent lab tests and practical tests
- The DeepGuard feature is based on brand new malware detection behavior, including ransomware
- Advanced network protection capabilities
- Reasonable and simple interface
- The ability to protect against ransomware failed before an actual sample during testing
- There is no anti-phishing component
Summary: F-Secure Anti-Virus's advanced network protection and DeepGuard behavior-based detection system make it a powerful anti-malware tool, but the ransomware protection feature has dropped. Missed a sample in test.
10. Malwarebytes Premium
- Get excellent scores on malware protection and malicious URL blocking testing in real tests
- Includes protection against exploit attacks, ransomware, behavior-based detection
- Independent lab test scores are few and quite poor
- The ability to protect against phishing is not effective
- Ransomware detection results are quite tangled
Summary: Malwarebytes Premium now has comprehensive antivirus protection and is no longer a secondary protection tool like before. The tool earned excellent scores on a number of practical tests, but was still not well rated by independent laboratories.
11. Sophos Home Premium
- Get excellent marks in real tests and from independent laboratories
- Protection against ransomware, keylogger and exploit
- Remote management for up to 10 PCs or Macs
- Advanced features require special technology expertise
- Parental control and webcam protection are limited
Summary: Sophos Home Premium expands on the basic antivirus program with the protection found in its enterprise-class products. The results are great, although some features may be too complex for some users.
There are also some other impressive antivirus software such as:
- The Kure
- VoodooSoft VoodooShield
- Cylance Smart Antivirus
- G Data Antivirus
- McAfee Gamer Security
As you can see, most of the best antivirus software above costs money to ensure many protection features. If you cannot afford a paid version, you can use the free versions of the major software vendors we listed above.
Wish you have moments of fun!