I found on many popular android forums such as xda developers, android forums and android central, that mostly Android beginners users are getting issues or don’t have the essentials skills to use odin3. So I thought to write a detailed step-by-step guide on how to properly use Odin3 to manually flash firmware on your Samsung device without bricking your phone or tablet. So without further wasting your time, let’s move on and learn how to properly use Odin3.
Requirements before you use Odin3:
These are guidelines before using Odin:
- Odin3 is only compatible with Windows OS only.
- Make sure you’ve good enough battery charge on your phone, at least 50% is required.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
How to use Odin3 to Manually flash firmware on Samsung Phone or Tablet:
Follow the instructions given below on how you can easily flash firmware on your Samsung Android device:
1. First head over to this download odin3 to download the latest version.
2. Now go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares and download stock firmware for your specific model.
3. Extract the Odin3 and stock firmware files to a new folder on your desktop.
4. Next, right click on Odin3 .exe file and run it as Administrator.
5. Turn off your phone and boot it into download mode.
6. Connect your phone or tablet to PC via the USB cable.
7. Make sure that Odin detects and recognize your mobile otherwise make sure you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers on your PC (If not, please download it and install).
8. Click on the PDA or PA button and select the tar.md5 firmware file.
9. Wait for Odin3 to check and verify the tar.md5 files.
10. You can now click the START button to flash the stock firmware on your Samsung device.
11. Usually Odin3 takes 5 minutes to complete the flashing process depending on the file size and your device model.
12. Once firmware is flushed successfully, your device will reboot and Odin3 will show a PASS green signaled message.
TotalDrivers.net - All drivers from oldest to newest